dr. D. (Dávid) Kopányi
Faculty of Economics and Business
Section Quantitative Economics
Roetersstraat 11 Room number: E3.54
1001 NJ Amsterdam
For most recent information, please visit my personal website.
Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance (CeNDEF),
Project: Behavioral and Experimental Analyses in Macro-finance (BEAM)
agent-based modelling, bounded rationality and learning methods, industrial organization, dynamical systems
PhD in Economics, University of Amsterdam (2015). Dissertation title: Bounded Rationality and Learning in Market Competition
MPhil in Economics (cum laude), Tinbergen Institute (2011)
MSc in Economics, Corvinus University of Budapest (2008)
- Anufriev, M., Kopányi, D., & Tuinstra, J. (2013). Learning Cycles in Bertrand Competition with Differentiated Commodities and Competing Learning Rules. Journal of Economic Dynamics & Control, 37(12), 2562-2581. DOI: 10.1016/j.jedc.2013.06.010 [details]
- Kopányi, D. (2013). Heterogeneous learning in Bertrand competition with differentiated goods. In A. Teglio, S. Alfarano, E. Camacho-Cuena, & M. Ginés-Vilar (Eds.), Managing market complexity: the approach of artificial economics (pp. 155-166). (Lecture Notes in Economics and Mathematical Systems; No. 662). Berlin / Heidelberg: Springer. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-31301-1_13 [details]
Talk / presentation
- Kopányi, D. (speaker) (2018). CORE Brown Bag seminar, Université Catholique de Louvain.
- Kopányi, D. (speaker) (2018). Prices vs. returns in Learning-to-Forecast Experiments, 11th Maastricht Behavioral and Experimental Economics Symposium (M-BEES).
- Kopányi, D. (speaker) (2018). The effect of loyalty in the Kirman and Vriend (2001) fish market model, 24th International Conference on Computing in Economics and Finance, Milan, Italy.
- Kopányi, D. (speaker) (2018). Can successful forecasters help stabilize asset prices in a learning to forecast experiment?, BEAM-ABEE workshop 2018, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Kopányi, D. (speaker) (2018). Oligopoly game: Price makers meet price takers, 45th Annual
Conference of the European Association for Research in Industrial Economics, Athens, Greece.
- Kopányi, D. (speaker) (2018). Oligopoly game: Price makers meet price takers, 14th
European (formerly Spain-Italy-Netherlands) Meeting on Game Theory (SING14).
- Kopányi, D. (speaker) (15-6-2017). Prices vs. Returns in Learning-to-Forecast Experiments, Experimental Finance, 2017, Nice, France.
- Kopányi, D. (speaker) (13-6-2017). Prices vs. Returns in Learning-to-Forecast Experiments, The 22nd Workshop on Economic Science with Heterogeneous Interacting Agents, Milan, Italy.
- Kopányi, D. (participant) & Tuinstra, J. (participant) (2018). BEAM - ABEE Workshop 2018, Amsterdam, Netherlands (organising a conference, workshop, ...).
- Kopányi, D. (2015). Bounded rationality and learning in market competition Amsterdam: Tinbergen Institute [details]
- Kopányi, D., Tuinstra, J., Rabanal, J. P., & Rud, O. (submitted). Can successful forecasters help stabilize asset prices in a learning to forecast experiment?
- Kopányi, D., & Kopányi-Peuker, A. (2015). Endogenous information disclosure in experimental oligopolies. (CREED working paper). Amsterdam: Center for Research in Experimental Economics and Political Decision Making, Universiteit van Amsterdam. [details]
- Kopányi, D. (2014). Price-Quantity Competition under Strategic Uncertainty. (CeNDEF Working paper; No. 13-13). Amsterdam: University of Amsterdam. [details]
- Anufriev, M., Kopányi, D., & Tuinstra, J. (2012). Learning cycles in Bertrand competition with differentiated commodities and competing learning rules. (CeNDEF Working Paper; No. 12-05). Amsterdam: CeNDEF, University of Amsterdam. [details]
- No ancillary activities